Saturday, March 10, 2007

Getting Published

I am totally jazzed.

As most of you know, amongst my too many websites, and communities, I have, belong to, and feeblely try to keep up with, I have a Flickr account. I mostly use it as a second online gallery, as it's cheap, and it gives my photos, and such lots of exposure to people who would never see them otherwise. One of the members there, publishes a quarterly journal of art, photos, and writing by artists with "Mental Illnesses", called Invisible Fire Journal.

She was very taken with one of my photomanipulations, Tattered Remnants Of A Childhood Dream, and emailed me asking if she could put it in the upcoming journal. I was flattered, and after taking a look at the journal's website, gladly said yes. I asked if she could include the URL for WickdArts Design with the image, and she said yes, so I sent the url, along with the direct link to my gallery there, and my new CafePress store. She went and looked, and wrote me asking if instead of just putting the one image, with my info as a one page, or blurb thing, would I be interested in being a featured artist, and doing a 10 page photo essay, and being interviewed so she could write an accompanying bit on me from it, which will include info on my sites, and store. I of course said yes, though i still can't quite get over being asked, and will be working on putting together 10 images, with descriptions for the essay.

While I have no idea what number of people read the journal, and thus would see the essay, and stuff, it is more than one person, and it is a real published journal, not just an online thing. The journal website is Invisible Fire Journal for anyone curious. I get one free copy of it, and will no doubt end up buying several more. It may be a small publication, but I am getting published.

No comments: